The Jaguar Land Rover Experience teaches you how to anticipate emergency situations on the road and negotiate them safely. You can also learn how to control your vehicle when you venture off-road.
How to book a courseBook your seat and improve your driving knowledge and awareness and earn Vitality Drive points.
About the courseThe courses cover practical on-road driving, with an instructor carefully watching every manoeuvre.
The Defensive driver training course
An advanced driver is a person who drives to avoid accidents in spite of the actions of others or the presence of adverse conditions and who can take corrective measures to avoid an accident simply by searching, identifying, predicting, deciding, and executing their decisions before an incident occurs.
This course includes practical on-road driving, with an instructor carefully watching every maneuver. The Defensive driving course will not only increase your ability to anticipate emergency situations, it will teach you to handle these situations safely.
Defensive driving principles include: vehicle orientation, potential hazards and threats, road hazards and vehicle positioning, road signs and legal actions, correct driving procedures and general on-road safety.
The Off-road introductory course
This course is designed to introduce the participant to the world of 4x4 driving, covering basic four-wheel drive systems and the latest electronic aids fitted to four-wheel drive vehicles. A 45-minute theory session will also cover basic vehicle setup as well as handling vehicles when venturing into off-road conditions.
The following driving elements will be covered in theory and during a three-hour practical drive: hill ascents and descents, traversing a side slope, driving through ditches and rutted tracks, and deep water wading. All major road surfaces will be discussed with general driving techniques.
Need to knowProduct rules and terms and conditions apply. Find out all you need to know about the BMW Driving Experience's terms and conditions.
The courses are available in Gauteng and Western Cape:
Gauteng: 1 Capricorn Drive, Lonehill, Johannesburg
Western Cape: Damarakloof Gate 2, R304, Klipheuwel, Damarakloof Farm, GPS Co-ordinates: 33°48'41.0"S 18°47'11.6"E
You will need to complete and sign a disclaimer before any Jaguar Land Rover Experience activity or training course.
- If you cancel within 48 working hours of your booked course, you will get the opportunity to rebook.
- If you cancel within 24 working hours of your booked course, a R500 reinstatement fee will be charged. You would still be able to make a new booking.
- If you do not show up before 09:00 for your booked course, your booking is seen as a no-show and your voucher will be redeemed with no opportunity to rebook.
- Jaguar Land Rover Experience has the right to cancel or postpone your booking within 24 working hours of your booking.
- Jaguar Land Rover Experience has the right to cancel or change the booked vehicle within 24 working hours of your booking.
- Jaguar Land Rover Experience Gerotek and Jaguar Land Rover Experience Inchanga have an option to hire a Jaguar XF, Land Rover Discovery or similar at a rate of R3 500, including VAT. This amount is not included in the course fee.
- Jaguar Land Rover Experience has the right to cancel your course with no rebook option if you have an expired driving licence or your vehicle is not roadworthy.
- Jaguar Land Rover Experience has the right to cancel or postpone your booking with no prior notice due to severe weather or matters beyond their control.
Passing the course:
Jaguar Land Rover Experience courses are based on a pass or fail system.
If you fail the course, you have the option to rebook your assessment at R250, which includes VAT. This will be handled as a normal booking and the above terms and conditions will remain in effect.
Course recognition and awarding of Vitality Drive points:
You'll receive a certificate when you complete the course. Please keep this as proof of your attendance.
Your Vitality Drive points will reflect within 14 days of completing the course.