What should you know about protecting yourself and your loved ones from acquiring the Novel Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19)? Empower yourself with must-know facts and regular updates on this illness. Learn all about its symptoms, spread, prevention and treatment, keeping healthy while travelling and other important information.
If you are worried that you may have been exposed to have COVID-19, make sure you stay away from other people, and call or schedule a virtual consultation with your doctor. Our questions can help you decide if you could be at risk.
1. Do you have the following symptoms?
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
- Fever (body temperature ≥ 38°C)
2. In the 14 days before your symptoms started, was any of the following true for you?
- I had close contact with a person who was diagnosed with COVID-19.
- I had close contact with an unwell traveller from China, Italy, Iran, South Korea or other areas where COVID-19 infections have recently occurred.
- I am a healthcare worker who has been exposed to patients with severe acute respiratory infections.
- I visited a healthcare facility (as a patient or visitor) in any country with COVID-19 infections have occurred.
- I’ve have travelled to or from China, Italy, Iran, South Korea or other countries with recent cases of COVID-19 infections.
* Close contact is:
- Having be en approximately two meters from someone or sharing the room for a long time while not wearing personal protective equipment (such as. gloves, respirator, eye protection)
- Having had direct contact with the virus or droplets breathed out by someone who has COVID-19 (such as being coughed on) while not wearing recommended personal protective gear.
If you’ve answered YES to 1 AND YES to any of the options in 2
If you’ve answered YES to 1 AND NO to any of the options in 2
If you’ve answered No to 1 and have not selected any of the options in 2, continue on our website for helpful self-care tips