Get more value
The Health Wallet
Like a medical savings account, the Health Wallet allows you to pay for your day-to-day healthcare expenses on a flexible basis using your credit card.
- There is no yearly fee for the Health Wallet.
- We will charge a R3.25 transfer fee for transferring the funds between the Health Wallet and your straight facility.
- The benefit can be activated at any point during the year, however, you can only opt in and opt out of the benefit once a year.
- Conveniently fill up your Health Wallet
You can provide for your unexpected healthcare expenses with the savings in your Health Wallet in the same way as you would with a medical savings account. You can either set up a monthly debit order or make a lump sum deposit.
- Top up your Health Wallet with cash back
You can re-direct your Discovery Card retail cash back, as well as your HealthyFood and HealthyGear cash back into your Health Wallet to boost your medical savings.
- If your Health Wallet is empty, it can automatically access your Discovery Card credit facility
You can get up to 55 days interest-free credit up to your credit limit to top up your Health Wallet.
Your claims will be paid in full from the Health Wallet or at the rate that your medical scheme pays for claims. This rate depends on the Medical Savings Account reimbursement rate you chose when you joined the Scheme.
- If you selected your Medical Savings Account to pay out at Cost, claims will be paid from the Health Wallet at the full cost of the claim.
- If you selected your Medical Savings Account to pay out at the Discovery Health Rate, your claims will be paid up to this rate only. If you reached a benefit limit, claims will not be paid from the Health Wallet.
- Where you do not have a Medical Savings Account the claim will be paid from the Health Wallet at the full cost of the claim.
- Activate the Health Wallet online or call us on 0860 11 2273 and we will activate it for you.