With Discovery Insure, you get 25% off your Uber trips, subject to a total discount of R250 per month. Newly-registered Uber users receive their first trip free, up to a R100 limit.
Follow these steps to active the Uber benefit:
- First you need to download the Uber app for your iPhone, Android, Windows Phone or BlackBerry 7 smartphone. If you don’t have one of these devices, you can access Uber on their mobi site, m.uber.com.
- After you have downloaded Uber, you need to follow the app’s instructions to active your Uber account. Add your Discovery Card as your payment option and qualify for up to 40% discount.
- Next you’ll need to activate the benefit with Discovery Insure. Just SMS “UBER” and your ID or passport number to 31347 from the cellphone number you have registered on your Uber app. You’ll receive a confirmation SMS. It will take up to 10 days for your discount to become active.
- To check if your discount has been applied, visit www.uber.com. Your Uber statement also reflects your Discovery Insure discount.
If you are a first time Uber user you will get your first trip free, up to a R100 limit. Log in and get your promo code here.
Other Uber benefits
Uber offers rideshare services. This means you can split your fare with other passengers. If they are Discovery Insure clients with Vitalitydrive and existing Uber users, they’ll receive the 25% discount too.
Car hire Uber benefits
At claims stage, you can choose to exchange your car hire for R1 500 for the use of Uber services. If you have up to 60 days’ car hire and your vehicle repair extends past 30 days, you will receive another R1 500.
If you have a valid vehicle claim and car hire cover, but are unable to drive a car following an accident due to injury, you will get an Uber DriveMe package to the value of R5 000 over 60 days as an alternative to the car hire benefit. You will have a choice of either car hire or the Uber package, but not both.
If you have car hire cover, you can only choose one of the three benefit options:
- Car hire benefit or
- Uber benefit or
- If you’re unable to drive after an accident, the R5 000 Uber benefit.
These benefits are not available for motor glass claims.
Other things you need to know
- You need to have an active Vitalitydrive membership.
- Discovery Insure reserves the right to adjust the discount limit at any time.
- The Uber discount is not available to Essential Plan clients.
- The Discovery Insure discount is not applicable to Uber Eats orders.
- Uber is available for iPhone, Android, Windows Phone and BlackBerry®7. If you don’t have one of these smartphones, visit m.uber.com.
- You need to make sure the cellphone number you use to register with Uber is the same as the cellphone number you’ve registered with us. If your cellphone number is not up-to-date, please call us on 0860 751 751. Unfortunately, we won’t be able to refund you if your cellphone number is not up-to-date.
- SMSs are charged at normal provider rates. Free SMSs and contract rates do not apply.
- Your discount will be effective within 10 days of registration.
- No unused credit will be refunded.
- By registering for the Uber benefit, you consent to the exchange of your personal information and the personal information of any insured party on your Plan between Discovery Insure and Uber for the administration of the Uber benefit.
- Clients using Uber’s rideshare service each pay a fee.
- All young adults aged 18 to 30 get up to 25% back on their Uber spend between 23:00 and 04:00.
- Make sure you read up on Uber’s additional terms and conditions.
Discovery Insure is not responsible for any loss, damage or harm that may arise as a result of the use of any aspect of the Uber service and its contracted drivers.