Track your workouts through Vitality using the Health app to earn points based on tracking your steps, speed and average heart rate depending on the capability of your Apple Watch, iPod or iPhone.
Vitality members can get Vitality Active Rewards with Apple Watch and use Apple Watch to achieve weekly Vitality Active Rewards goals. If you meet all four weekly fitness goals in a month, the monthly amount for Apple Watch will be funded in full.
HOW IT WORKS
To start earning points, link your app, get active and get rewarded.
Link your app
Link your app on the Discovery app or Health app
Get active and earn points
Reach your goals and get rewarded.
NEED TO KNOW
- Ensure that you have the Discovery app installed. The Health app is available on iPhone (4s and above) and the iPod touch (5th generation and above).
- Log into the Discovery app and select Vitality Active Rewards, or Devices and apps from the Vitality menu.
- A confirmation page will pop up on your screen. Click Get started to authorise Health app and choose the data that you would like to share.
- Once you have confirmed the information you would like Health app to share with Vitality, click on Allow.
You can update the data permissions that you have given Vitality by using Health app on your iPhone. To do this:
- Step 1: Open your Health app and select Discovery from the apps under the Sources section.
- Step 2: Choose the workout information which you would like to share with Discovery.
If you have any problems uploading your workout data, please visit the Health app website for more information.
View the points table under Earn Vitality points below. Please note that the Health app only records step data. Vitality will only award points for data types that your specific device model or app tracks. If you link your Apple Watch via the Health app you can also earn points for heart rate and speed.
For a full set of Health app rules click here. For more information on the Apple Watch benefit, visit the Vitality Active Rewards with Apple Watch page.
You will also find a full set of Vitality rules here. If, for any reason, there is a conflict between rules in this benefit guide and the Vitality rules – the Vitality rules will apply at all times.