British Airways International
Vitality members can save up to 35% (base fare and YQ tax only) on British Airways International flights, depending on your Vitality status at the time of booking.
- You can fly to 25 international destinations by passing through London All flights depart from Johannesburg or Cape Town.
- The destinations might change at any time, please click here to view a current list of destinations that British Airways International flies into.
Need to know
- If you join Vitality more than three months after joining Discovery, you will have to wait another three months before you can use the Vitality travel benefit.
- The discount applies to the base fare and YQ tax only.
- The discount applies to economy and premium economy classes only.
- Bookings must be through www.kulula.com to qualify for the discount. If you book through www.ba.com you will not get your Vitality savings.
- If you book your flight directly by calling the Special Projects Contact Centre, they will charge you an administration fee. Please ask about it when calling.
- You can only book tickets that are available at the time.
- You must book all flights at least six weeks in advance and a maximum 12 months before the departure date.
- Ticket prices displayed are estimates. The ticket price is not guaranteed until the seat is booked, paid for and confirmation is received.
- There will be a Vitality booking fee of R350 added to all international flights booked using the Vitality travel benefit. This fee includes VAT and is not included with the discounted base fare.
- The fee is charged on each ticket you book. Adults and children are charged separately. The fee will not apply to tickets for children who are younger than two years old. As soon as a child turns two, the Vitality booking fee will apply.
- Parents cannot book online for unaccompanied minors younger than 12 years old and will have to call 011 921 0490 to make these bookings.
- Only one infant (a child under two years old) can be booked for each travelling adult.
- You can make a maximum of two return international bookings for each Vitality member, each calendar year, with the Vitality discount (including Emirates and Qantas flights). This applies to the date that the booking is made and not the date of the flight.
- Changing your booking depends on the terms of the ticket. There is no further discount to these fees. A service fee will be charged for each person for each change, over and above any upgrade fees.
- If you don’t use any of your flights you booked, all onward connections will be cancelled and your ticket will have no value for future travel or refund.
- You can pay for your booking using any credit card, including your Discovery Visa credit card, Discovery Miles, or a combination of both.
- Tickets bought through Vitality may be non-refundable depending on the fare and cannot be moved over to any other airline.
- Please make sure your name and surname is the same as your passport when booking your flight. Incorrect names cannot be changed once the ticket has been issued. To update your personal details, please log in to your Discovery profile and ‘Send a Query’ to Discovery Vitality
- At the check-in counter, please show your passport and your visa (if required).
- Please make sure all correct passport and visa requirements are handed in at check-in to avoid being denied boarding.
- To book multiple destination returns or stop-over bookings, you will need to contact the Special Projects call centre directly on 011 921 0490.
- View a full set of rules for British Airways International travel here.
- Remember to have your passport number ready when booking an international flight with British Airways. No international tickets will be issued without a passport number.
Using your Discovery Miles
You can now use Discovery Miles to book international flights on the kulula.com booking platform. You can pay with your Discovery Visa credit card, Discovery Miles, or a combination of both.