British Airways Local
British Airways (operated by Comair) offers an extensive domestic route network and departures in Southern Africa.
Remember, you can also save up to 50% on flights, accommodation and car hire, based on your Vitality status at the time of your booking, Discovery Card spend and your health claims level. For more information click here.
Destinations may change at any time. Currently, they include (return) flights to:
|Local routes:||Regional routes:|
|Port Elizabeth – Cape Town||Port Elizabeth - Durban||Port Elizabeth – Johannesburg|
|Cape Town – Johannesburg||Johannesburg – Cape Town||Johannesburg – Harare (return)|
|Cape Town – Port Elizabeth||Johannesburg – Durban||Johannesburg – Livingstone (return)|
|Durban – Johannesburg||Johannesburg – Port Elizabeth||Johannesburg – Mauritius (return)|
|Durban – Port Elizabeth||Port Elizabeth – Johannesburg||Johannesburg – Victoria Falls (return)|
|Durban – Cape Town||Cape Town – Durban||Johannesburg – Windhoek (return)|
Need to know
How to book your discounted flight
- To book, log in to www.kulula.com as a Discovery Vitality member.
- The domestic saving applies to the cost of the ticket (base fare), VAT and fuel (YQ) taxes. It excludes airport taxes and insurance charges.
- The regional saving applies to the cost of the ticket and YQ taxes. It excludes airport taxes and insurance charges.
- You cannot use the Vitality saving with any other discounts and promotions. Tactical fares are applicable.
- British Airways (operated by Comair) domestic flight tickets bought through Vitality are non-refundable and they cannot be transferred to another airline or person.
- You can book a maximum of 11 months in advance.
- Only one infant (a child under two years old) can be booked per travelling adult.
- Bookings for unaccompanied minors are subject to airline rules and availability.
- The limit for this benefit is up to 12 return domestic and regional return flights (or 24 one-way domestic flights) per member on the Vitality membership, per calendar year. This includes kulula.com flights.
- There will be a Vitality booking fee added to all local and regional flights booked through Vitality.
- A variable booking fee applies to domestic and regional flights on British Airways (operated by Comair) flights booked using the Vitality benefit. This fee is charged on each ticket you book, and adults and children are charged separately. The fee does not apply to infants under 2 years of age.
- Vitality’s variable booking fee for local and regional flights encourages members to book their travel arrangements in advance. The below table illustrates the tiered structure of the local and regional flight booking fee.
|Tier||Time between booking date and date of travel and/or check-in||Booking fee|
|1||21 days or more||R50|
|2||Between 7 days and 20 days||R70
(unless your Vitality saving is less than R70, in which case we will lower the booking fee to R50)
|3||Less than 7 days||R90
(unless your Vitality saving is less than R90, in which case we will lower the booking fee to either R60 or R40)
- Your Vitality travel saving depends on your Vitality status. If the saving you qualify for is less than R50, the booking fee of R50 will still apply, regardless of when you book.
- Please note, the variable booking fee only applies to local and regional flights booked on British Airways (operated by Comair) and kulula.com.
- If a customer decides to book offline with the British Airways Special Projects team a service fee will be charged over and above Vitality booking fee.
- There is a fixed R50 Vitality booking fee added to all international flights booked through kulula.com using the Vitality benefit. This fee is charged on each ticket you book, and both adults and children are charged separately.
- There is an administration fee, change fee and difference in fare and taxes if you change your booking.
- At the check-in counter, please show your ID or your passport and visa (if required).
- If you miss the first leg of the flight, the return leg of your flight will also be cancelled and you will forfeit this leg.
- To earn Avios points on domestic British Airways flights, please contact the British Airways Contact Centre to add your Executive Club number into the flight booking. You can also insert your British Airways Executive Club number when making your booking online. To register for executive club please go onto www.ba.com
- Regional flight discounts only apply to British Airways (operated by Comair) flights.
- If you join Vitality more than three months after joining Discovery, you’ll have to wait another three months before you can use Vitality and Discovery Card’s travel benefits and partners.
- View a full set of rules here.