Vitality members can fly to more than 160 international destinations with Emirates and save up to 35% on the base ticket fare and YQ tax. This depends on your Vitality status at the time of making your booking.
As a Vitality member, you can fly to over 140 cities in 82 countries, via Dubai.. The destinations might change at any time, please click here to view a current list of destinations that Emirates flies into.
Need to know
- If you join Vitality more than three months after joining Discovery, you will have to wait three months before you can use the Vitality travel benefits.
- Your Vitality discount is based on your Vitality status.
- Airport taxes and fuel surcharges are not included in the discounted portion of your fare.
- There will be a Vitality travel booking fee of R350 added to all international flights booked using the Vitality travel benefit. This fee includes VAT and is not included in the discounted base fare.
- This booking fee is charged on each ticket you book. Adults and children are charged separately. It will not apply to tickets for infants who are younger than two years old. As soon as a child turns two, the Vitality booking fee will apply.
- The discount applies to any published available fares. It excludes any previous discounted fares or promotions.
- To qualify for your Vitality discount, you must book all flights at least six weeks in advance and a maximum of 12 months before the departure date.
- Infants (newborn to 23 months old) will pay a discounted fee of the adult fare (base fare). Infants must be under the age of two years for the entire journey to qualify for the infant fare.
- Infants under 2 years of age at the time of departure and who occupy a seat will pay the applicable child fare for the journey travelled.
- Children between the ages of 2 years and 11 years and 23 months will pay a discounted fee that is based on the base adult fare.
- All infant and child bookings must be made through the call centre and not online. More information is available on www.emirates.com
- You can only book tickets that are available at the time of making your booking.
- Visit www.emirates.com to check your Emirates flight schedule times. If you want to make changes to your booking, call 011 921 0490 for more assistance during the following hours:
- Monday to Friday, 07:30 to 17:00
- Saturday, 08:00 to 12:30.
- You can make up to two return international bookings for each Vitality member every year with the Vitality discount (including BA International and Qantas flights). The discount applies to the date that the booking is made, not the date of the flight. Please note that this is for economy and premium economy class tickets only.
- The discount applies to specific class fares and does not include discounts offered by Emirates (promotional or discounted fares).
- You can use this benefit for return flights only, departing from South Africa. No discount applies to one-way tickets.
- Changing your booking depends on the terms of the ticket issued.
- You will be charged a service fee and change fee for Emirates flight ticket changes. There is no discount for this.
- Name changes will not be allowed at any stage. A new ticket will need to be issued and cancellation fees will apply. Married and maiden names need to be booked exactly as it is indicated in the passport, as no waivers will be given on penalties
- You can pay for your booking using any credit card, including your Discovery Card, Discovery Miles or a combination of both. Tickets bought through Vitality cannot be moved over to any other airline. Emirates tickets are refundable but a refund fee will apply.
- Please make sure that you indicate your name and surname exactly as it appears in your identity document or passport when making your flight booking. Incorrect names cannot be changed once the ticket has been issued and penalty fees will apply. Please log in to your Discovery profile and Send a Query to Discovery Vitality to update your personal details.
- At the check-in counter, please show your passport, valid visa (if applicable) and your Discovery membership card.
- All Emirates flights pass through Dubai.
- Remember to have your passport number ready when booking an international flight with Emirates. No international tickets will be issued without a passport number.
- View a full set of rules for Emirates here.
Using your Discovery Miles
You can use your Discovery Miles to book international flights through the kulula.com booking platform. You can pay with your Discovery Card, Discovery Miles or a combination of both.