Vitality members can fly to one of eight destinations in either Australia or New Zealand and save up to a maximum of 35% (on base fare) with Qantas. Your savings depend on your Vitality status at the time of your booking:
You can fly to one of eight international destinations with Qantas, via Sydney. The destinations might change at any time, please click here to view a current list of destinations that Qantas flies into.
Need to know
- If you join Vitality more than three months after joining Discovery, you will have to wait another three months before you can use Vitality travel benefits.
- Airport taxes are not included in the Vitality discount.
- We will add a Vitality booking fee of R350 to all international flights booked using the Vitality travel benefit. This fee includes VAT and is not included with the discounted base fare.
- This fee applies to each ticket you book. This means adults and children receive separate charges. The fee does not apply to infant tickets younger than two years old..
- The discount applies to any publicly available full fare rate.
- To qualify for your Vitality discount, you must book all flights at least six weeks in advance and a maximum of 12 months before the departure date.
- Any price displayed remains estimated. The price is not guaranteed until you book, pay and receive confirmation.
- All infant and child bookings have to be made through the Special Projects call centre on 011 921 0490. More information is available on www.kulula.com
- You can only book tickets that are available at the time of booking.
- You can book up to two return international economy class tickets for each Vitality member in a calendar year, with the Vitality discount (including British Airways International and Emirates flights). This applies to the date that the booking, not the date of the flight.
- You can use this benefit for one-way or return flights departing from Johannesburg, not from Sydney or any other destination.
- All flights depart from South Africa via Sydney.
- Changing your booking depends on the terms of the ticket. You may be responsible for a fee.
- You can pay for your booking using any credit card, including your Discovery Visa credit card, Discovery Miles, or a combination of both. Tickets bought using the Vitality travel benefit cannot move to any other airline.
- When making your flight booking, please make sure that your name and surname appears as it does in your passport. To update your details please log in to your Discovery profile and ‘Send a Query’ to Discovery Vitality.
- At the check-in counter, please show your passport and valid visa.
- No international tickets are available without a passport number.
- View the full set of rules for Qantas here.
Use Discovery Miles to book international flights
You can use Discovery Miles to book international flights on the kulula.com booking platform. You can pay with your Discovery Visa credit card, Discovery Miles, or a combination of both.