Extra cover when you need it most
When you have spent your yearly funds in your Medical Savings Account, the Day-to-day Extender Benefit (DEB) ensures that you do not have any gaps in your cover when you visit a provider in our Premier Plus GP Network.
The Day-to-day Extender Benefit kicks in when you have used up your Medical Savings Account allocation for the current year. This is even if at that point there is still money in your Medical Savings Account as a result of carry-over funds from the previous year.
Do these benefits sound familiar? The Day-to-day Extender Benefit used to be called the Insured Network Benefit. You get the same great benefits, just under a new name.
What the Day-to-day Extender Benefit covers you for
- Consultations with general practitioners participating in our Premier Plus GP Network (The Discovery Health plans that have Day-to-day Extender Benefit (DEB) need to use a general practitioner (GP) in the Premier Plus GP Network, to access DEB.)
- Pathology (done on GP and specialist referrals). This must be done at an approved pharmacy (Dis-Chem, Clicks or Pick n Pay).
- Medicine on the Preferred Medicine List for acute medicine – schedule 3 and above
- Antenatal consultations and 2D ultrasound scans.
- Durable external medical items obtained from our network providers.
- Casualty facility fees.
- Virtual consultations with a paediatrician.
Make sure you use providers in our network and medicine on the Preferred Medicine List to ensure that you get cover!
With Discovery Health Medical Scheme, submitting claims is easy when you use one of our digital channels. These digital platforms offer you convenience and allow us to process and pay claims faster.
Future health technology could empower patients to take responsibility for their health and allow doctors to intervene by means of individual wearable devices that monitor and transmit health information.
Discovery HomeCare is a unique service offered in the South African medical scheme market to provide patients with specific healthcare needs, access to high-quality care solutions at their homes.