This cookie notice applies to all websites and mobile applications belonging to Discovery Limited and its subsidiaries ('Discovery websites').
When you access, interact with or visit Discovery websites, cookies are used to improve your online experience.
For more information about how Discovery websites collect, store and process personal information, please refer to the Discovery Group Privacy Statement.
A cookie is a small file with an identifier that is stored on your electronic devices (such as a computer, smart phone or tablet) when you visit or use a website or mobile application.
Cookies may not contain any data or information that can be used to personally identify a user.
There are various types of cookies, and each has its own distinctive purpose and expiry date.
For more information about cookies, please visit https://cookiepedia.co.uk/all-about-cookies
- To authenticate users
- To provide security aimed at protecting user accounts from fraudulent use of login details and protecting the Discovery websites
- To personalise content and to better understand how users use the Discovery websites through user preferences and browsing history
- To advertise and display relevant advertisements to users
- To carry out analytics to improve user experiences
Types of cookies that Discovery uses
Discovery uses three types of cookies, namely:
- Session cookies, which are temporary and will be erased once you have closed your browser. Session cookies help with security while you browse the website and will also assist in navigation from page to page while you browse. These cookies cannot be disabled.
- Persistent cookies, which are stored on your device to save information, settings, preferences or login details pertaining to a website or mobile application. Your device will use these cookies when you visit that website or mobile application again. These cookies are stored on your device until they expire or until you delete them.
- Third-party cookies, which are created by third-party domains that are not the website (or domain) that you are visiting. These cookies are generally used for personalised marketing and advertising purposes.
By using the Discovery websites, you agree that we may place cookies on your electronic devices for the purposes set out in this notice.
All web browsers, including the Discovery websites, provide the option to disable or delete cookies. You can manage your preference relating to a specific type of cookies at any time on our website by visiting or the mobile application. However, certain cookies, such as session cookies, are necessary for the operation of Discovery websites and cannot be disabled.
If you prefer not to have non-essential cookies placed on your electronic device while using the Discovery websites, you can disable them by turning them off in your browser. This may, however, affect the overall experience of access, navigation and usage on the Discovery websites. When you disable cookies, no information is gathered from your device.