Building Insurance

Discovery Insure's building insurance covers the main building and any outbuildings on your insured property.

Owning your own property is a big decision and an exciting part of life. If you are a homeowner, you need building insurance. We recognise the value of having insurance cover that this is tailored to your lifestyle.


Choose from any of our three plans
and be covered for:

Pipes and geysers

Cover for bursting, leaking or overflowing of geysers, water or oil apparatus or pipes.

Accidental damage

Cover for accidental loss or damage to your building and any fixed glass, mirrors and sanitaryware.

Classic and purple plan
No excess on weather related claims

Cover for damage caused by storm, rain, wind, hail, snow or flood.

Keys, locks and remote control units

We will cover the loss of or damage to keys, locks and remote control units for the insured building.

Damage to gardens

Damage to gardens, trees, plants, shrubs and irrigation systems on the grounds of your building.

Swimming pool filters and borehole pumps

Accidental loss or damage to swimming pool filters, borehole and other water pumps used for domestic use at the building.

Tailor your building insurance
with these optional features:

Excess flexibility

You can choose an excess amount to suit your needs, including zero excess across all sections of cover.

More than 60 days' unoccupied cover

We'll cover you for loss or damage if your building is unoccupied for more than 60 consecutive days.

Cover for wear and tear of pipes and water heating systems

You have the option to insure your geysers, pipes and water heating systems for wear and tear, rust, decay and faulty workmanship for an additional premium (automatically included on the Purple Plan).

Additional subsidence and landslip cover

You can get cover for destruction of or damage to your building that is caused by subsidence or landslips, and get additional cover for loss or damage that is caused by or worsened by soil contraction, shrinking or expansion.

You may also be interested in


Household contents insurance

Whether you are a homeowner or renting property, get household contents insurance to safeguard your valuable items.

Learn more


Portable possessions insurance

Get comprehensive portable possessions cover that will give you peace of mind that you items are covered when you take them out of your home.

Learn more

Peace of mind when a devastating fire hits

A devastating fire hit the Lunn family's dream home. Thanks to Discovery Insure's assistance and guidance they were able to rebuild their lives and their home.

Watch their story

Log in

Please click here to login into Discovery Digital Id

Please click here to login into Discovery Digital Id