Book a Vitality Health Check
You and your family can complete the Vitality Health Check at an accredited Vitality Wellness Centre, pharmacy in the Vitality Wellness Network, at a Discovery Wellness Day or at your nearest Discovery Store. You can also conveniently book an appointment online.
- Book at your nearest
clicks or Dis-Chem
- Book at an independent
pharmacy near you
- Book at a
- BOOK AT A VITALITY
- To keep yourself and everyone around you safe, please follow the appropriate COVID-19 precautions when completing your Vitality Health Check:
- Stay at home if you are not feeling well or have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Make a booking to minimize queuing in the waiting room.
- Wear a face mask at all times when in public spaces.
- Keep physical distance of at least 1.5 meters.
- Wash your hands regularly or use hand sanitizer.
To help you continue to take additional precautions to reduce the risk of contracting the COVID-19 virus, you can also choose to do a Virtual Vitality Health Check-in. The Virtual Vitality Health Check-in is a telephonic or online consultation with a wellness specialist that covers the same information as an in-person Vitality Check, but in a conversational format. You can earn 2 500 Vitality points for completion of this consultation and those points add up to your maximum 22 500 Vitality points you can earn for doing a Vitality Health Check.
International Vitality Health Check submissions
If you are outside the borders of South Africa and do the equivalent of a Vitality Health Check (essential health screening and preventive tests including: Blood pressure, Blood glucose, Cholesterol or Lipogram, Weight assessment or body mass index (BMI) and non-smoker's declaration) at a medical doctor who is registered to practice in that country, or if you have done pathology assessments at a registered Pathology lab in that country, you can submit the results to us via the send a query function and select the option "Other" and and we will award your points accordingly.
Earn up to 22 500 Vitality points for completing the Vitality Health Check.
By completing the Vitality Health Check, you will get access to benefit boosts, such as:
Need to know
The Vitality Health Check is made up of five measures: blood pressure, blood glucose, cholesterol, a weight assessment (which includes weight, height and waist circumference) and signing a non-smoker's declaration. You can earn up to 22 500 Vitality points depending on how many results are in range. This means that you can earn up to 25 000 points and reach Silver Vitality status by having all your results in range, finding out your Vitality Age (1500 points) and completing you Vitality Mental Wellbeing Assessments (500 points twice a year).
- The Vitality Health Check costs R247.90.
- Members of most medical schemes administered by Discovery Health (Pty) Ltd, are covered for one Vitality Health Check a year from your Screening and Prevention Benefit - it won't impact your day-to-day benefits (if you are in a general waiting period, your medical scheme does not cover this).
- You and your family can complete the Vitality Health Check as many times as you like but only one Vitality Health Check per year is covered by most medical schemes administered by Discovery Health (PTY) Ltd. Please note that if you have more than one Vitality Health Check in a year we only award points for the best results.
- You can complete a Vitality Health Check at any accredited Clicks, Dis-Chem, Pick n Pay pharmacy or independent pharmacy in the Vitality Wellness Network, at a Vitality Wellness Centre, at a Discovery Wellness Day or at your nearest Discovery Store. You can also conveniently book an appointment online.
- Once you complete a Vitality Health Check at a recognised facility, your results are submitted automatically. Please allow seven days for your points to reflect.
- We've streamlined the process used to allocate Vitality points. This means that you no longer have to manually claim for your Vitality points online, the provider you visit will do so
If your waist circumference is less than 80cm for females or 94cm for males; a BMI result that is between 25 and 30 will be classified as in-range, and a BMI result of 30 or higher will be classified as intermediate risk.
Where HbA1c results are available these results will be used instead of blood glucose. An HbA1c result is in-range if less than 6%, and high risk if greater than or equal to 7%.
If your results are out of range you have the ability to take action through lifestyle changes or medication, and complete the assessment again later in the year. Points will be awarded based on the best result in the year for each metric. You will only be awarded additional Vitality points if your tests are performed at least 90 days apart. This allows sufficient time for you to address your underlying risk factors and take steps towards improving your results.
If your results are in range your points will be automatically adjusted accordingly. Please be aware that each of these individual tests need to be paid for separately and are not covered by the Screening and Prevention Benefit of your medical scheme plan administered by Discovery Health (Pty) Ltd. You can find an example of how this works here.
Claim points manually
If you are not claiming the cost of your screening, assessment or vaccination from a medical scheme administered by Discovery Health you can claim your Vitality points here.