The Virtual Vitality Health Check-in is a telephonic or online consultation with a wellness specialist designed to help manage existing health risks, potentially identify new health risks and recommend ways to improve your health and wellness.
What is the Virtual Vitality Health Check-in?
The Virtual Vitality Health Check-in is a 20-minute online consultation that uses your Vitality Age information, previous Vitality Health Check results and other available information to help you:
- Eat more healthily
- Improve fitness
- Improve mental wellbeing
- Suggest appropriate referrals for any potential risks
- Identify COVID-19 risks, benefits and steps to limit exposure
- And more
If you are over the age of 65, the consultation will also help:
- Identify falls risk
Earn 2 500 Vitality points on completion of the Virtual Vitality Health Check-in. These points count towards the maximum 22 500 points you can earn for a Vitality Health Check.
By completing the Virtual Vitality Health Check-in, you will get access to all benefit boosts associated with the Vitality Health Check, including:
You can schedule your appointment conveniently online. You will receive detailed instructions to help you set up and prepare for the virtual consultation once you have booked.
How it works
During your consultation we will discuss a variety of topics with you. You can use the links below to get more information on each of them.
Need to know
- The Vitality Health Check-in costs R156.
- The Virtual Vitality Health Check-in does not replace your in-person Vitality Health Check. You will earn 2500 Vitality points for your Virtual Vitality Health Check-in, but if you choose to you can still visit a pharmacy or your GP to do an in-person Vitality Health Check. The points will add up to the maximum 22 500 points you can earn for completing an in-person Vitality Health Check.
- Members of most medical schemes administered by Discovery Health, are covered for one Virtual Vitality Health Check-in a year from your Screening and Prevention Benefit – it won’t impact your day-to-day benefits (if you are in a general waiting period, your medical scheme does not cover this).
- The Virtual Vitality Health Check-in can only be completed by booking your appointment online.
- We've streamlined the process used to allocate Vitality points. This means that you no longer have to manually claim for your Vitality points online, the provider you visit will do so.