Let Vitality and Disney’s The Lion King inspire you to create happy, healthy habits as a family, starting with these fun family exercises
Families that train together, stay together
Vitality families, do you want your kids to grow up as big, brave and strong as a lion? Then why not try this fun family workout video at home? It’s a great way to spend quality time with your kids and get exercise at the same time.
Creating healthy family habits together
The exercises in the video are designed to be fun and engaging for kids of all ages. You can do them at home, in your own time and at your own pace. You can use the workouts to teach your kids that exercise can be fun and to see how they develop and get stronger with time.
Get your family active under the warm winter African sun
Join us in celebrating healthy, happy families with Disney.
Watch the video below for a demonstration by Mari Leach, Discovery Vitality Biokineticist, and her daughter. Can you feel the love at the end? You can also print and cut out the routine below the video to stick on your fridge or your family activity board at home!
Family Fun Workout
Do 2 – 4 rounds
Push up / jump over
- Do a push up, jump over your partner, and repeat. Do 5 – 10 reps.
- Step forward (or backward) with one leg, lowering your hips until both knees are bent at about a 90-degree angle. Do 10 reps on each side, 20 in total.
Squat rotation jumps
- Do a squat, engage your core and jump up explosively. Do 10 in total
- Do a sit-up with knees wide and the soles of feet touching each other. You can also hook your legs together or let your kids sit on your feet. Do 10 – 20 reps.
- Do 10 jumping jacks or star jumps in total.
- Run in place, bringing your knees to your chest. Do 10 in total
- Push yourself up, keeping your body in a straight line and your elbows pointed to your toes. Do 5 – 10 reps.
- Take your push up position and keep your body straight for 20 seconds. Do 5 – 10 reps.
Discovery Vitality and Disney are celebrating healthy, happy families by giving you the chance to win big with Simba, Timon, Pumbaa and the rest of the Lion King family.
Get active as a family and be a healthy, happy role model for your kids for your chance to win the lion’s share of R25 000 in prizes. Read more here.
Disclaimer: To reduce the risk of injury, please consult a healthcare provider before beginning this or any exercise programme. The exercises and advice presented in this article and video are in no way intended as a substitute for medical consultation.