Vitality Active Rewards encourages and rewards you for getting healthy, driving well and spending responsibly. In 2020, you can earn instant Discovery Miles for reaching your goals.
With over half a million Vitality members getting active and rewarded, Vitality Active Rewards is central to Vitality’s global commitment to get 100 million people 20% more active by 2025. In 2020, high-level instant rewards will be replaced with instant Discovery Miles which you earn for getting active, driving well and spending your money responsibly. Plus, you can play the gameboard for even more Discovery Miles.
Here's a breakdown of what to expect:
- Discovery Miles will replace Vitality reward points
We have enhanced Vitality reward points to Discovery Miles, our new rewards currency which can be used to spend on a range of exciting rewards of your choice. Effective January, 2020.
If you have any Vitality reward points left over, we'll replace them at an exchange rate of 1 Vitality reward point = 6 Discovery Miles, no matter when their expiry date is. In fact, you won’t have to worry about rewards expiring anytime soon, because Discovery Miles remain valid for five whole years!
- Earn up to 300 Discovery Miles and four plays on the gameboard every week
Reach your drive, exercise and money goals on Vitality Active Rewards to earn instant Discovery Miles and gameboard plays.
If you have Vitality Health, Vitality Drive and Vitality Money, you can earn the maximum of 300 Discovery Miles instantly and a bonus play for achieving all three Vitality Active Rewards goals! Here’s how to get your goals:
- Exercise: if you're a Discovery Vitality Health member, you can achieve your personalised weekly exercise goal by getting active in various ways. You'll earn 100 Discovery Miles instantly for each goal you achieve, PLUS a play on the gameboard.
- Drive: if you're a Discovery Insure client, you can achieve your weekly driving goal by driving a consecutive 100 km event-free each week. You'll earn 100 Discovery Miles instantly for each goal you achieve, PLUS a play on the gameboard.
- Money: if you’re a Discovery Bank client, you can achieve your money goal by banking well and earning Discovery Miles for purchases over R20 made with your Discovery Card. You’ll earn 100 Discovery Miles instantly for each goal you achieve, PLUS a play on the gameboard.
Once you earn your Discovery Miles for achieving any of the three goals (each 100 Discovery Miles will update in real time), you’ll still get to unlock a tile on your gameboard every #RewardsWednesday to earn even more instant Discovery Miles.
- Complete personalised health goals to earn Discovery Miles
Earn over 10 000 Discovery Miles a year for achieving personalised health goals. All Vitality members have access to health checks and mental wellbeing goals. Members diagnosed with or at risk of developing chronic lifestyle diseases have access to weight management, HealthyFood and medicine tracker goals. It’s possible to earn over 10 000 Discovery Miles a year for achieving personalised health goals
- Spend your Discovery Miles at more rewards partners than ever before
With a host of exciting new Vitality Active Rewards partners like Netflix, Cotton On, Makro, Cape Union Mart and kulula.com, there’s something for everyone. Owing to high demand, different rewards may be available at different times.
With groceries and meals, entertainment, clothing, gadgets, homeware, travel and more – our new rewards offer you enough motivation to make 2020 the year you transform your life by driving more safely, getting fitter, and spending responsibly.
- Gain an extra play for your expiring diamonds
Still have a diamond? Diamonds will soon come to an end and we’ll replace each expiring diamond with an extra play on your gameboard. The last gameboard containing a diamond will be available from 27 November to 3 December 2019, depending on the number of diamonds you have:
- If you only have one diamond left, your diamond will be removed on 4 December 2019 and will be replaced with a play on 11 December 2019.
- If you have two or more diamonds left, you will have until 31 December 2019 at midnight to redeem your diamonds.
If you have two or more diamonds on 01 January 2020 they will be reimbursed with one play per expired diamond.
With our innovative new rewards currency, we want to help you experience the benefits of better health and living well, plus reward you for developing smart habits that’ll make you happier, healthier and wealthier.