With the recent pressure on our country's economy, it would be prudent to look into ways to save yourself money wherever you can.
As winter sets in, it's easy for costs to spiral out of control as we switch on heaters all around us. Here are some handy hints at how you can keep costs down with your car and around your home.
TLC for your car
Show your car you care:
- Get a mechanic to check your car's antifreeze level, thermostat heater, defroster, and battery.
- Replace your windscreen wiper blades - they crack from sun exposure and lack of use.
- Get the right type of oil.
- Check your car's tyre pressure and tread.
Remember, you can take your car for a Tiger Wheel & Tyre Annual MultiPoint check for only R95. You'll earn up to 150 DQ Points a month for 12 months.
Insulate both your home and your finances
Look around your home to see ways you can make it more energy-efficient in winter to keep the heat up and the bills down:
- Block any draughts or leaks.
- Change your lights to energy-efficient bulbs. Lights can make up 20% of your electricity costs.
- Install a solar geyser. A single electric geyser causes 30% to 50% of your electricity costs!
- Remember to close your fireplace's damper when a fire is not lit.