Whatever you do:
This month we're celebrating Move More May - 31 days dedicated to getting us more active, more often. We challenge you to find easy ways to add activity into your day: go for a quick walk, join a gym or dance class, enjoy a weekend parkrun or simply take the stairs instead of the lift.
Our Vitality CEO Dinesh Govender refers to these moments of movement as 'exercise snacks' - with small steps being one of the best ways to prioritise your health.
New from us this month:
- Don't let the cold catch you out. You can still achieve your exercise goals with the Vitality gym benefit. Plus it's never been this affordable to join the gym, HIIT your goals and stay motivated.
- It's health check time. World Hypertension Day is coming up on 17 May so schedule a quick blood pressure test at any Discovery Store or healthcare partner to make sure you're in-range.
- Ready for your random act of kindness?. Donate your Discovery Miles towards Vitality MoveToGive to help the National Sea Rescue Institute teach underprivileged kids to swim.
- Live: Vitality 24/7. Our new servicing channel is now live and we're ready to answer all of your Vitality questions, any time of the day.
- Vitality Main Rules update: Please be aware that we have updated the Vitality Main Rules for Vitality Health Members which will come into effect 1 July 2022.
Live life with Vitality
Your Vitality team
Here's what you can look forward to:
5 epic routes. All in-person races.
Run for fun, points and Garmin prizes as part of this year's Joburg Vitality Run Series coming up next month from 12 June to 14 August.
Join us in Jozi >>
Mzansi: one parkrun at a time
Explore the country (plus have fun) at over 100 parkrun venues across South Africa and earn 300 Vitality points each time.
Find your next run>>
Never show up empty handed at a baby shower or birthday again!
From the end of May, all Vitality members can get up to 50% back on qualifying baby and toddler items at Baby City with Discovery Vitality's new HealthyBaby benefit.
Live life (smokefree) with Vitality.
Join 60 000 happy quitters with Quit Genius, the world's most effective digital smoking cessation programme - free to all Vitality members.
New: Our Sunday rooftop brunch
The best way to spoil someone for this month in honour of mothers is with the HealthyFood Studio. Join us to co-create delicious and elegant dishes to enjoy together while overlooking the Sandton skyline.
Brunch with a view>>
Breathe in; breathe out
One of the best ways to calm your mind is to practise deep breathing. It's World Meditation Day on 20 May so we encourage you to try out some breathing exercises - plus find out how to earn Discovery Miles for completing a meditation session.
Miles for meditation>>