Keeping fit and healthy and earning Vitality points as a family helped win this family of four the trip of a lifetime to Disneyland® Paris. Here's their story - plus more on how you could be next!
Joanne Rainier-Pope is serious about her family's health - and she's is being rewarded for that with a whole lot of fun! She and family - husband Paul and daughters Robyn and Dale - have just won a 5-star experience in Disneyland® Paris, with flights sponsored by Emirates. They qualified by participating in weekly parkruns and earning 1 000 fitness points as a family within a few months.
These winners were part of the Vitality family from the start
The family's loyalty and commitment to a healthier lifestyle has paid off in a way they've only imagined. “We have been Vitality members since inception, 21 years ago,” Joanne says. “Our lives have been enriched by gym membership, Ster-Kinekor movie club membership, as well as discounts on our Discovery Card and our Discovery Life insurance premiums.”
“The Vitality Active Rewards programme has made us push our fitness levels higher than ever, offering the motivation to do the Rondebosch Common parkrun on Saturday mornings,” she continues. Now, in addition to their bundle of Discovery products and rewards, they are jetting off to Disneyland Paris for a 5-star family adventure. All because of their commitment to getting fit and healthy as a family.
There's another Disneyland® Paris trip to give away in 2018
If you're inspired by Joanne's dedication to encourage healthy habits in her family, remember, you stand a chance to win this amazing experience for your own family this year, courtesy of Discovery Vitality and Disney who together celebrate healthy, happy families. All you need to do is make healthier food choices. Here's how:
To enter this competition, you must complete the following before 31 December 2018:
- Activate the HealthyFood benefit and earn up to 25% cash back at Pick n Pay or Woolworths.
- Earn 500 HealthyFood points by buying HealthyFood items for your family.
Get your kids involved in meal preparation and visit the Discovery website for healthy recipe ideas. Kids aged 8 to 12 years can also learn how to make delicious, healthy meals at the HealthyFood Studio.
So let Vitality and Disney add a little magic to your family time. You never know, you could be on your way to Disneyland Paris!
Discovery Vitality (Pty) Ltd, Auth FSP. Limits, Ts&Cs apply.
4 ways to get started with Discovery Vitality
- Join a weekly parkrun near you for free, timed 5km runs. As a Vitality member, you can earn 300 Vitality points for completing a parkrun event. All you need to do is register a profile on www.parkrun.co.za.
- The Team Vitality running club supports runners of all levels in a range of events. Enjoy up to 50% cash back on selected race entries, free, quality kit and hospitality after selected races, plus earn up to 5 000 Vitality points events you complete.
- Activate Vitality Active Rewards - it's free and you'll earn rewards like smoothies and raw juices from KAUAI, coffee from Mugg & Bean and vida e caffè, and popcorn from Ster-Kinekor for achieving your fitness goals every week.
- Do a Vitality Fitness Assessment to give you an understanding of your fitness level, and get tips for how to improve it. Plus you can earn 2 500 Vitality points for doing the assessment, and up to 5 000 additional points depending on how fit you are.
Become a winner by getting fitter: join Vitality today!
We all know it's important to get off the couch and get active, but there are more health benefits of exercising regularly - for just 30 minutes a day - than you think. is that a fraction of time that you can spare if it meant a healthier life?
Heart disease is the number one killer of men and women across the world. Is heart disease a condition that women need to pay more attention to? And are symptoms of a heart attack the same in men and women?
Life is easier, you have choices that are best suited for you, you save costs and valuable time. These benefits of technology are now also changing healthcare and how you interact with doctors – and it is all available on your smartphone with Discovery Health's Smart Series.