Vitality Drive is Discovery Insure's unique driver behaviour programme that rewards you for driving well. The better you drive, the more Vitality Drive points you earn and the more rewards you get.
Vitality Drive gives you:
- Up to 50% back on your Gautrain spend and BP and Shell fuel spend every month for driving well
- Weekly Active Rewards for meeting your personalised drive goal. You'll earn Discovery Miles to spend on exciting rewards such as coffees, smoothies, shopping and travel vouchers and more for achieving your weekly drive goal.
- Access to state-of-the-art safety features such as Impact Alert, which provides immediate response and medical help when your vehicle is involved in an accident, even if we can't get hold of you.
- Visit our website for more about Vitality Drive or download information on how to earn Vitality Drive points and rewards
To get started on Vitality Drive:
- Install your Vitality Drive Sensor at your nearest Tiger Wheel & Tyre or Discovery Drive Centre and download the Discovery Insure app. You need to link your Discovery Insure app to your Vitality Drive Sensor to start measuring your driving behaviour.
- Link your Vitality Drive and Gautrain cards on the app or on https://www.discovery.co.za/
- Swipe your Vitality Drive card when you fill up at a participating BP or Shell service station, and earn fuel cash back on your Gautrain spend. You can get up to 50% back on spend each month.
If you insure your motorcycle with Discovery Insure, you have the option to select the Vitality Drive programme and get rewarded for your motorcycle riding behaviour.
The Vitality Drive programme for motorcycles differs from the standard Vitality Drive programme, depending on whether you have a comprehensively insured car on your Discovery Insure plan or whether the only vehicle you insure on the Discovery Insure plan is your motorcycle.
If your motorcycle is insured with other vehicles
You can select the Vitality Drive programme for motorcycles if you have activated Vitality Drive on your Discovery Insure plan. Vitality Drive for motorcycles is optional, even if Vitality Drive is activated on the Discovery Insure plan. You can add a motorcycle to your Vitality Drive programme on the fuel rewards and Drive Your Discount reward options, if you have other vehicles on your policy.
If your motorcycle is the only vehicle insured
You can join Vitality Drive Fuel Rewards for R75.50 a month for each primary driver if your only vehicle is a motorcycle and you have insured your household contents or buildings for at least R300,000. You cannot join Vitality Drive through Drive your Discount if you only insure your motorcycle.
Learn more about Vitality Drive for motorcycles.
Vitality Drive costs R25 for each primary driver a month.
Vitality Drive status and points
With Vitality Drive, you can earn up to 3,000 Vitality Drive points every month. You earn Vitality Drive points by driving well, improving your driving behaviour, and making sure your vehicles are safe to drive.
At the end of each month, you'll earn a Vitality Drive status based on your Vitality Drive points. As you earn more points, you'll progress through the statuses: Blue, Bronze, Silver, Gold and Diamond.
The more Vitality Drive points you earn, the higher your Vitality Drive status and the more rewards you get.
|Vitality Drive status
|Vitality Drive points needed
|0 - 799
|800 - 1,599
|1,600 - 2,199
|2,200 - 2,499
|2,500 - 3,000
You can earn up to 3,000 Vitality Drive points every month for driving well, improving your driving behaviour and by making sure your vehicles are safe to drive.
Read about how to earn and maximise your Vitality Drive points.
Your Vitality Drive points should reflect within seven days of your vehicle passing the Annual MultiPoint check. If your points have not been awarded within this timeframe, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
View your Vitality Drive dashboard and rewards summary dashboard online or on the Discovery app. Vitality Drive points may take up to 2 weeks to reflect.
If you are the listed primary driver of more than one vehicle then the following rules will apply:
- You will receive a maximum of 60 Drive points each day if you have the Vitality Drive Sensor and 50 Drive points if you have the standalone DQ-Track.
- Driving events from all vehicles will be deducted from the daily Drive points allocation. This means that if you drive more than one vehicle on the same day, points will be deducted based on your driving behaviour from all vehicles.
- If multiple vehicles are driven at the same time, Drive points from all trips will be deducted from your daily Drive points allocation.
- You need to have a working device in all vehicles for which you are listed as a primary driver.
- To qualify for a no-drive day, none of your vehicles must have been driven on that day.
In months where there are 31 days, Drive points will contribute towards your Driving Profile up to a maximum of 1,800 Vitality Drive points if you have the Vitality Drive Sensor or 1,500 Vitality Drive points if you have the standalone DQ-Track. You therefore have an extra day to maximise your Driving Profile.
In February, we will allocate two bonus days of Drive points, equal to your average daily Drive points over the past 30 days (or one bonus day when it is a leap year).
As a client on the Core Plan, you qualify for the 50% upfront discount on the ChatBack licensing service fee and the guaranteed 0% renewal increase on your vehicle premium when you consistently achieve Diamond status on Vitality Drive. If you have the Discovery Insure Vehicle Warranty, then you can get an upfront discount on vehicle servicing with Motus or Bosch. You will not have any other Vitality Drive status based benefits.
Yes, you will have a Drive ring every week. If you achieve your goal, then you will earn a play on the Vitality Active Rewards gameboard.
No, you do not need to install a telematics device. All your driving behaviour will be monitored using your cellphone and the Discovery Insure app.
Yes, this will be used to monitor your driving. You will get Drive points based on how you drive.
The Vitality Drive points structure on the Core Plan is identical to the points structure that is already in place for other plans. Since we can monitor cellphone use on your phone, you will be able to earn up to 3,000 Vitality Drive points every month.
Fuel cashback and IFA
With the Vitality Drive programme, you can get up to 50% of your bp and Shell fuel and Gautrain spend back every month. The percentage you get depends on your plan type, whether you have home insurance, whether your vehicle has passed the Annual MultiPoint check and whether you've added home insurance of at least R300,000 to your plan.
With the Vitality Drive fuel cash back option, you can get up to 50% of your bp and Shell fuel and Gautrain spend back every month for driving well.
Your fuel cash back is calculated using your Vitality Drive status percentage, which depends on your Vitality Drive status for the previous month, your Discovery Insure plan type and whether you have home insurance of at least R300 000; along with your total Vitality Drive points as follows:
Vitality Drive status % x the lower of (Vitality Drive points earned in the previous month OR the total fuel spend in the current month).
For more information on how to get to the highest cash back percentage, click here.
If you're not getting your fuel cash back:
- Visit the Vitality dashboard on our website to check that you have a Vitality Drive telematics device installed and that it's working correctly.
- Visit our website to check that your Vitality Drive card is linked to your plan.
- Make sure you've got the latest version of the Discovery Insure app and that it's linked to your Vitality Drive Sensor.
- Accept all permissions for the Discovery Insure app.
- Check that your phone's Bluetooth, mobile and cellular data are on.
- If you have an Android device, turn on GPS and location services and make sure high accuracy mode is on. Deactivate mock location services and battery saver mode.
- If you have an iOS device, turn on location services and switch on background app refresh for the Discovery Insure app.
- Swipe your Vitality Drive card every time you fill up at a BP or Shell service station.
If this doesn't help, or if you have a standalone DQ-Track, please speak to your financial adviser or call us on 0860 751 751.
Discovery Insure clients who have comprehensive vehicle insurance and Vitality Drive fuel cash back rewards, have access to the Insure Funder Account. If you choose to have your Vitality Drive fuel cash back paid into your Insure Funder Account, Discovery Insure will match your contribution, so you get double the amount.
With the Insure Funder Account, you can:
- Pay the excess for any vehicle or hired vehicle on your plan
- Reduce your vehicle insurance premium by increasing your excess
- Fund up to 100% of your new tyres from Tiger Wheel & Tyre
- Withdraw up to 50% of your Insure Funder Account balance in cash any time after the first 3 years of your plan.
You can download more information about the Insure Funder Account.
You can switch your fuel cash back to an Insure Funder Account on our website. If you select the Insure Funder Account, the fuel cash back earned by all primary drivers on your plan will be doubled and paid into your Insure Funder Account.
You can see your fuel rewards or Insure Funder Account balance here.
Your monthly fuel cash back is directly linked to your Vitality Drive status, so the better you drive, the more Vitality Drive points you earn, the higher your status.
You can earn up to 3,000 Vitality Drive points every month and, with up to 50% back on your fuel spend, you can get a maximum of R1,500 back every month. See how you can maximise your fuel cash back here.
Yes, you can switch between getting your fuel rewards paid into your premium paying bank account and having them doubled and added to your Insure Funder Account on a monthly basis. Call us on 0860 751 751 to switch between these two reward options.
Learn more about fuel rewards and the Insure Funder Account.
There are no fuel rewards on the Core Plan.
Since there are no fuel rewards on the Core Plan, you will not have access to an Insure Funder Account.
Vitality Drive card
You'll get your Vitality Drive card when you pick up your Vitality Drive Sensor or install your Crowd Search Sensor at Tiger Wheel & Tyre or your nearest Discovery Drive Centre. If you install a standalone DQ-Track, you'll get your card from the technician when they install the device. You can collect a replacement Vitality Drive card from your nearest Tiger Wheel & Tyre or Discovery Drive Centre.
When and how you receive your Vitality Drive card depends on the DQ-Track option you chose:
- With the smartphone-enabled DQ-Track, you will get your Vitality Drive card in your welcome pack when you pick up your Vitality Drive Sensor at Tiger Wheel & Tyre or your nearest Discovery Drive Centre (You will not qualify for fuel rewards on Drive your Discount, so you will not receive a Vitality Drive card when you install a smartphone-enabled DQ-Track device).
- If you chose the standalone DQ-Track, you will receive your card from the technician on the day of your installation appointment.
Once you have your Vitality Drive card and have linked it to your Plan, all you have to do is swipe it at BP or Shell service stations when you fill up to earn your fuel rewards.
Not sure how to link your new Vitality Drive card? Simply click here to link it.
Replacement Vitality Drive cards are available at your nearest Tiger Wheel & Tyre branch or Discovery Drive Centre.