This Youth Month, 19-year-old Monique Marais is proving that the best drivers aren't always what you'd expect. Find out how she treats herself for good driving behaviour every 100km!
Monique Marais has only been behind the wheel for two years, but she's already managed to achieve Gold Vitality drive status - making her the youngest ever Discovery Insure driver to do so. Her secret? "Patience," she smiles. "I don't like breaking the rules and am very cautious. I know a lot of accidents happen very quickly and I'm too scared something like that happens to me."
Conscientious and calm, Monique treats herself to a vida e cafe chocolate frio every time she passes the 100km-incident-free mark, because, well - in her words, "It's the best!"
No matter your age or driving experience, with Discovery Insure, you can access a range of service and rewards partners to help you become a better driver and stay safe on the roads. Find out more here.
4 great reasons to join Discovery Insure
- You have access to critical safety features with our Vitalitydrive Sensor driving technology, like instantly detecting and assisting you in an accident.
- You get rewards for driving well, like up to 50% of your fuel spend back each month
- You get up to 30 days' car hire at no extra cost, or you can exchange your car hire for Uber services.
- You pay no excess on hail claims, or if an insured third party causes a car accident.
Call us on 0860 751 751 or leave your details, and we will call you back.
Introducing the Smart Insurance benefit for young drivers
Discovery Insure's new benefit for young drivers rewards good driving and incentivises you to drive less at night, keeping you safe. Drivers younger than 30 will get:
- An upfront discount of 20% on your premium for simply avoiding night-time driving. Pay per km for any night-time driving you do.
- Up to 25% off Uber trips between 21:30 and 05:00.
- Access to Vitality drive Active Rewards and our world-class safety features.
This exciting new Smart Insurance benefit will be available from April 2018. Speak to your financial adviser to learn more about this terrific benefit!
Bigger and better rewards for driving well
In 2018, Vitality drive Active Rewards is getting is bigger and better! You can now get a coffee, smoothie, popcorn, airtime or discounted car wash every week for 100 kms of consecutive event-free driving.
Plus, if you achieve a 3-in-a-row goal streak, you can win exciting prizes, including an international dream holiday. Find out how here.
Incentives work. That's what thousands of Discovery Insure clients are proving every day by driving well to earn fun rewards. We caught up with some of them.
The opposite of being mindful is being distracted, careless and thoughtless. When this happens on the road, the results can prove fatal. Here's why it's crucial to give driving your full attention, and tips to help.
Unnecessary cases will occur because stressed drivers will identify hazards in the road less frequently and be more impulsive in changing lanes without checking whether other vehicles are too close to theirs.