HealthID: The technology that puts your patients’ health records in your hands.
By placing important patient information at your fingertips, HealthID provides you with a more complete view of your patient’s health history and test results. This improves patient care and reduces the likelihood of serious medical errors and duplicate or unnecessary pathology tests. In addition, HealthID also reduces your administrative burden by making it quick and easy to fill in Chronic Illness Benefit applications, and providing you with the relevant scheme formulary list.
Access HealthID through several platforms
HealthID is available through several platforms, for example:
- Tablet apps (App Store and Samsung)
- Discovery website
- Certain practice manager applications
We are continuing to broaden HealthID reach through integrations with corporate provider and hospital systems, for example:
- HEALTHone Connect
- Practice Perfect
- Professional Medical Office
HealthID allows you to
- Access your patients’ Electronic Health Record, where you can:
- View your patients’ data and details of their previous doctor and hospital visits
- View previously prescribed medicines and blood test results
- View your patients’ health measures, for example, body mass index and blood pressure
- View your patients’ personal and benefit details.
- Complete an electronic Chronic Illness Benefit application form.
- Prescribe medicine for chronic and acute conditions.
- Call Me feature provides you with the opportunity to request a call back for any assistance you may require whether it be clinical, technical or administrative
- Electronically refer a patient to another healthcare professional, with automatic approval on selected plans.
- Refer your patients for Discovery HomeCare services, using the new application feature.
- Complete a hospital discharge form for your patient that contains all relevant clinical discharge information, as well as additional information. The completed form is available as a PDF that you can share with relevant healthcare professionals.
- Get consent from your patients to view their Electronic Health Record in real time through various consent channels, therefore ensuring you remain compliant with your professional indemnity cover.
Important security information
Discovery Health takes all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of members of the schemes administered by Discovery Health and to maintain the confidentiality of the very sensitive information that is shared between Discovery Health and the healthcare professionals caring for them.
Some of the security measures and features we have in place for HealthID include:
- encryption of all sensitive information that is stored on the device,
- encryption of all communication between the device and Discovery Health’s systems,
- automatically logging HealthID users out after a few minutes of inactivity, and
- limiting the amount of information that can be stored on the device.
In addition, an external data security auditing firm has evaluated all aspects of HealthID to ensure that there are no security vulnerabilities.
A thorough consent process not only gives members the peace of mind that their personal information is protected and will only be viewed by the doctors they give consent to, but also protects the doctors who have access to the patient’s information. The detailed information provided to members when they give consent explains how we use their personal information relevant to their care and also gives them details about the process to follow if they decide to change or revoke their consent.
There are also certain steps that doctors can take to maintain the security of the data on their devices. These include, for example:
- never sharing your HealthID username and password with anyone,
- ensuring your device has a security PIN code,
- making sure that the auto-lock feature is activated, and
- enabling the Find my device and Remote wipe functionality, which allows you to lock your device and if necessary delete all data from the stolen device, which restores the device to its factory settings.