Discover More, with HealthID
HealthID is Discovery Health's digital healthcare technology that provides an overview of your patients' health records and enables the seamless delivery of patient care. HealthID adds a new digital dimension to healthcare services and is an innovative care platform connecting healthcare professionals with their patients anytime and anywhere. You and your patients can track and improve the healthcare journey to ensure better clinical outcomes. Manage your appointments through the sleek booking functionality and consult virtually with your patients using the platform's advanced video capability.
What HealthID allows you to do
HealthID provides you with digital access to a complete view of your patient's health history and clinical test results. E-scripting and referrals through HealthID increase practice efficiency and provide patient convenience. Reduce administrative burden by completing Chronic Illness Benefit applications on the platform and access formulary lists at your fingertips.
You can access you patients' Electronic Health Record, to:
- View your patients' data and details of their previous doctor and hospital visits
- View previously prescribed medicines and blood test results (Please note: blood test results will only be available in the next phase)
- View your patients' health measures, for example, body mass index and blood pressure.
- View your patients' personal and benefit details.
- Get full consent for your practice. Designate access and rights for practice employees such as practice managers, clinical healthcare workers and locum doctors.
- Complete an electronic Chronic Illness Benefit application form:
- Remove or replace medicine for existing chronic conditions
- Enroll and manage patients on qualifying chronic care programmes.
- Prescribe medicine for chronic and acute conditions.
- The Call Me feature will allow you to request a call back for any assistance you may need, whether it is clinical, technical or administrative (Please note: this function is planned for the last phase of the migration).
- Electronically refer a patient to another healthcare professional.
- Refer your patients for Discovery Hospital at Home services using the new application feature.
- Complete a hospital discharge form for your patient that contains all relevant clinical discharge information as well as additional information. The completed form is available as a PDF that you can share with relevant healthcare professionals.
- Consult virtually with your patients through video or voice calls.
- Digitally contract onto network arrangements and care programmes.
HealthID support for healthcare professionals and practice managers
Addressing the basic portal navigation, from updating practice details to accessing your doctor profile.
|View More >>>
Portal administration support documents
Complete guides on setting up online consultations.
|View More >>>
Portal online consultations support documents
Information on managing online bookings.
|View More >>>
Get access to a remotely guided doctor visit anywhere, anytime with the TytoHome device. The TytoHome medical device is changing lives by making virtual medical care more accurate and accessible than ever.
2020 has been marked by a disruption of norms, a move towards digital and a focus on accessibility. In response, Discovery Health and Discovery Health Medical Scheme have invested in a patient-centric digital healthcare ecosystem to enhance the quality of healthcare for members. Here's how.
Half of people living with diabetes don't know they have it. We know that more than 4.5 million adult South Africans have diabetes. 14 November is World Diabetes Day, now is the time to know your blood sugar. And if you have diabetes, we have the enhanced support and benefits to help you.